United Tanchangya Academic & Cultural Forum (Utacf)The 'United Tanchangya Academic & Cultural Forum' (UTACF) is an online forum of the progressive Tanchangya academic & cultural activists at home and abroad.
UTACF is a non-political academic and socio-religio-cultural Tanchangya association committed to its following five aims and objectives:-
* to bring together all the Tanchangyas/ Tanchangya students to an atmosphere of oneness, unity, friendship, harmony and brotherhood working in a spirit of teamwork for the promotion and preservation of Tanchangya culture, history, tradition, language and religion …
* to facilitate the exchange of academic and socio-religio-cultural information, knowledge, views and ideas, talents and creativity between and among the Tanchangyas/ Tanchangya students living abroad and home using digital technologies like emails, online blogs, forums etc…
* to generate awareness and the need for modern constructive education among the Tanchangyas/ Tanchangya students while initiating love and feelings for and a sense of responsibility and duty-bound towards the Tanchangya nation…
* to act as a communication 'channel' between the Tanchangyas living abroad and the Tanchangyas living at home…
* to act as a constant reminder for the Tanchangya Diaspora in particular and the Tanchangya's in general of their humble roots – culture, history, tradition, language and religion …
UTACF hopes to act as the holistic representative of the Tanchangya people in the reevaluation, preservation, promotion and propagation of its culture, history, tradition, language and religion in the modern digital world from modern constructive and creative perspectives of our members. UTACF also hopes its members, well-wishers and friends would cooperate and contribute to its ideal in keeping the progressive Tanchangyas up-to-date with modern demands and changes.
Administrative Structure of UTACF:
1. www.utacf.org is the official website run and managed by UTACF (its official correspondence email are email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. UTACF itself consists of a president and a secretary selected from among its official members. The job and duty of the president and the secretary is to look after and maintain the association proficiently and ensure internal competency and cohesiveness. Any legal and official works, tasks and correspondence come within the jurisdiction of the president and secretary.
3. UTACF has an online ‘Admin Committee’ of not more than five active members to manage and maintain its official site. The duty of the Admin Committee is to develop and maintain the standard and contents of the site with updates on a regular basis. The Admin Committee also acts as UTACF’s academic and cultural ‘Board of Advisors’. UTACF’s Admin Committee members are the official ‘editors’ of any content and article posted in its online site.
# Currently, Saddha Tong and Dhammawansa are acting as the president and secretary of UTACF respectively.
The Admin Committee members are:
Saddha Tong (The University of Hong Kong),
Assaji Tanchangya (University of London),
Dhammadipa (Kathmandu University, Nepal),
Dhammawansa (University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka) and
Dalim Kumar Tanchangya (EX: Khulna University, Bangladesh).
Senior Advisory Committee:
1. Sukumar Tanchangya (Rahula), Australia.
2. Dr. Joydhon Tanchangya, Bangladesh.
3. Rajyo Mohan Tanchangya, Sri Lanka
Two kinds of UTACF memberships:
Official Membership: Any Tanchangya's/ Tanchangya student of the levels of university, college, school or any related educational institution can apply for and is entitled to official membership of UTACF who would then have the right to express his/her creative and constructive opinions and suggestions with regard to its decision-making process and also has the responsibility to make academic, cultural (and financial contributions if/when required), in any form, to UTACF’s academic and cultural activities and undertakings.
Online Membership: Non-Tanchangya's of any national are also welcomed to join the UTACF’s online membership as online observers, friends, well-wishers and online critiques and creative commentators. Online members do not, however, have the right, in any way, to interfere in the internal decisions of UTACF. UTACF’s online Admin Committee preserves the unconditional right to accept, decline or ban any applicant who, if it believes, would be derogatory, indecent and irresponsible towards the aims and objectives, contents and activities of UTACF
Content Source: Bukisa - United Tanchangya Academic & Cultural Forum (Utacf)